Grandma Pam’s Cran & Wheat Berry Salad
- 1 cup whole wheat berries, dry
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pepper
Dressing: Mix all ingredients, whisk to combine well. Refrigerate to chill.
Salad: Cook wheat berries according to bag or insta-pot directions on 1000 Springs Mill website.
In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients tossing with prepared dressing, to taste. Sprinkle toasted pecans over salad directly before serving.