BARLEYmax™ Spring Pesto and Pasta
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- In a food processor, combine basil, mint, pistachios and garlic. Blend mixture until herbs are well chopped, stopping occasionally to scrape the side of the bowl.
- Add BARLEYmax™ flakes. Continue to blend whilst slowly pouring in the oil until the mixture is well combined.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook your choice of pasta until tender. During the last two minutes of cooking, add the asparagus. Drain pasta and asparagus, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- In a large bowl, mix pesto with the reserved cooking liquid. Add pasta and asparagus and toss to combine. Stir in arugula and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.