Quinoa Flour Zucchini Gingerbread
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 ½ -2 cups grated zucchini*
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 mix)
- ¾ cup toasted** 1000 Springs Mill quinoa flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Beat eggs; add oil and brown sugar. Beat well.
- Add vanilla, grated zucchini and molasses; beat to combine.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350o .
- Divide batter between 3 greased small loaf pans (7 ½ x 3 ½) or one 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes for small pans or 45-55 minutes for large pan.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
*If the zucchini is small and moist, use 1 ½ cups; if it is large with firm flesh, peel it and use 2 cups of grated zucchini.
**Toast on baking sheet at 400o for 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool.