Quinoa Flour Gingersnaps
- ¾ cup soft vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free flour mix
- ¾ cup toasted 1000 Springs Mill quinoa flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ginger (or more, to taste) Granulated or turbinado sugar
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add egg and molasses and mix thoroughly.
- Thoroughly whisk remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add to creamed mixture and beat to combine.
- Chill dough at least an hour or overnight.
- Roll into balls the size of a walnut.
- Place 1” apart on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly grease a small glass.
- Dip into sugar and flatten each ball slightly.
- If using raw or turbinado sugar, dip the dough balls into the sugar and then flatten with the glass.
- Bake at 375o for about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and then remove to rack to cool.