Quinoa Flour Chocolate Crackles
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 mix)
- ½ cup toasted** 1000 Springs Mill quinoa flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ package (12 oz.) white chocolate or peanut butter chips (optional)
- Whisk to thoroughly combine flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl of mixer cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chips, if using.
- Chill dough several hours or overnight.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on greased cookie sheet (or cover with parchment paper).
- Bake in preheated 350o oven for 10 minutes or until top of cookie springs back when lightly pressed with finger. Remove to racks to cool.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
**Toast on baking sheet at 400o for 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool.