Oat Flour Peanutty Crisscrosses
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons 1000 Springs Mill oat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups gluten-free oats (regular or quick-cook)
- Thoroughly whisk together Flour mix, oat flour, baking soda and salt until well combined Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Blend in brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat in oatmeal.
- Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Press with a fork to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350o for 8 minutes, or until just brown around edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.
Makes 4 dozen.
If you use a 100% natural peanut butter you may need to decrease the amount of flour slightly.