Oat Flour Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 mix)
- 2/3 cup 1000 Springs Mill Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free oats (quick or regular, uncooked)
- 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- ½ cup dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots or a combination (optional)
- Whisk to thoroughly combine flour mix, oat flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl of mixer, cream butter or margarine and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; scrape bottom of bowl and beat well.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries and/or apricots (if using).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful on parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375o oven for 9 minutes or until set.
- Remove to racks to cool.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
*gluten-free Flavor improves if you refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
Adapted from Quaker Oats recipe book