Skip to content
About 3 dozen cookies
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅓ cup white rice flour
- 1 ¼ cups plus 2 Tbsp. 1000 Springs Mill oat flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 – 4 tbsp. coarse sugar, such as turbinado or demara
Put almond flour/meal, rice flour, oat flour, granulated sugar, salt, and baking soda (and orange peel, if using) in a food processor and pulse to combine (or use a stand mixer).
- Add cream cheese, butter (cut into chunks), and almond extract.
- Pulse just until mixture forms a smooth dough. Do not overwork or it will become crumbly.
- Turn dough onto a sheet of waxed or parchment paper.
- Divide in half and form each half into a log about 8 inches long.
- Wrap tightly and chill until firm enough to handle, 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325o .
- Line baking sheet with parchment (or butter it).
- Unwrap half of dough and roll in coarse sugar to coat outside.
- Using a thin, sharp knife, cut into ¼ ” inch thick slices.
- Place cookies 1” apart on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until golden brown at the edges and well browned on the bottom, 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to partially cool before removing from sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.