Harvest Popcorn Balls
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 package of mini marshmallows (see note¹)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (see note¹)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Approx. 8 cups of non-GMO popped corn
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds
Making the sauce:
- Melt together butter and mini marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. (If using seasonal flavored marshmallows, skip the vanilla and spice!)
Making the popcorn balls:
- Put all popped corn into a large bowl.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture over the top.
- Add in the cranberries and pumpkin seeds (or whatever toppings you want to use).
- Lightly butter your hands and GENTLY toss to combine. MAKE SURE that the marshmallow mixture is at a safe and handleable temperature.
- Try to evenly distribute the toppings and sauce throughout the mixture.
- Form the mixture into loose balls and store in an airtight container, or wrap in plastic wrap.
¹ Seasonal ginger flavored marshmallows can be substituted in place of plain marshmallows and spice