1 cup gluten-free flour blend (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 mix)
- ½ cup toasted** 1000 Springs Mill quinoa flour
- ¾ cup 1000 Springs Mill Oat Flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups grated carrots (lightly packed)
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat together vegetable oil, vanilla, and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to thoroughly combine.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir in grated carrot.
- Bake in a greased 9”x13” pan at 350o for 35-45 minutes.
- When completely cool frost with Cream Cheese Icing
For cream cheese icing combine:
- 8 ounce package full-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Beat well
Add chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired. Spread over cooled cake.