Warm Purple Barley Salad
- 1 cup purple barley
- 1 small onion
- 1 handful grape tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Cooked beets
- Lemon, olive oil and cumin to taste
- Cook 1 cup of purple barley with a handful of chickpeas according to the directions on the package, season with salt and cumin to taste.
- In the meantime heat non stick pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and sear for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the salmon, and sauté slices of zucchini in pan until golden.
- Chop together the cooked beets, tomatoes and onions. Add cooked barely. Combine with lemon juice and cumin to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!