Organic Brown Rice, Red Bean, and Sausage Egg Rolls
- 1 cup 1000 Springs Mill brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup 1000 Springs Mill red beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup fully cooked and browned andouille sausage
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and any other preferred spices
- 1 package store bought egg roll wrappers
- Finely sliced green onions to serve
- Barbecue sauce, orange chili, or other desired dipping sauces
- Mix together the brown rice, beans, and sausage to create the egg roll filling. Season the mixture to your taste.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper with a corner facing toward you. Place about 1 tablespoon of the rice and sausage mixture in the center of the wrap.
- Fold 2 opposite corners of the wrapper together, making a triangle. Tuck the sides of the triangle into the middle to tuck in the ends, and then roll it up to create an enclosed roll.
- Bake or fry the rolls according to the directions on the egg roll wrapper’s package. The meat/rice mixture should be fully cooked BEFORE adding it into the wrappers, so you will only need to cook the rolls until the wrapper has turned golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your choice of sauce, and enjoy!