Preparation time: 2.5 hours
- Place the cardamom, cinnamon, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears, turn down to a low heat and cover. Poach for 2 hours or until the pears are tender, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the BARLEYmax™ flakes, LSA and milk into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cinnamon, turn the heat to low and stir until the porridge has thickened.
- Serve immediately with the pears, a drizzle of maple syrup and some of the juice from the poached pears.