Makes: 20 bars (approx. 75g each)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes, until golden
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, place chia seeds and water. Stir and set aside until the chia seeds have soaked up all the water.
- Place the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and combined.
- Pour coconut oil and maple syrup mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the dried cranberries, sultanas, vanilla paste, BARLEYmax™ flakes, pepita seeds, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, cinnamon and chia seeds, and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a light greased slice tin (approximately 8” x 11”) lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the mixture using the back of a spoon. Bake until golden, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Cool completely in the fridge before cutting into bars to serve. Store in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to one week.