1000 Springs Mill Wheatberry Salad with Dried Cherries and Honey Crisp Apples
- 1 ½ cups 1000 Springs Mill cooked wheat berries (Cooking instructions on each bag)
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup Honey Crisp Apples, cored and ¼” diced
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup tart dried cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup scallion, white and green parts, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Fairchild Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot combine the wheat berries and enough water to come 2 inches over the wheat berries. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain and let cool. Toast the walnuts in a medium dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, walnuts, celery, dried cherries, scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.